A world-class business school in the heart of South Africa
Stellenbosch Business School offers exchange study opportunities for international students through:
Stellenbosch Business School welcomes degree-seeking students from other countries who wish to enrol for one of our internationally accredited postgraduate programmes. Studying at a triple accredited business school at the southernmost tip of Africa makes for an enriching experience. You will be studying in a vibrant, multicultural setting, and you will be exposed to the African contextualisation of global business knowledge. What’s more, Cape Town regularly features among the Top 10 tourist destinations in the world.
All students follow the same application process (online through our website). Stellenbosch Business School’s International Affairs Office provides logistical support (visa applications, airport transfers, orientation, housing, medical insurance, etc.) once you have been admitted as a student.
For more information, please contact Maynette de Wee at [email protected].
Semester Exchange Students
Students from international business schools with whom Stellenbosch Business School has exchange agreements can be nominated by their home institutions to spend a semester at Stellenbosch Business School. Your study fees will be determined by the type of agreement between your home institution and Stellenbosch Business School. Exchange opportunities are available twice a year, from January to June, and from July to November.
For more information about Stellenbosch Business School’s exchange programme for MBA students, please contact Maynette de Wee at [email protected]
More about credit conversions
Credit conversion recommendation (ECTS to SAQA) on the MBA curriculum 2018 at Stellenbosch Business School:
- Please note that each SAQA credit at Stellenbosch Business School equals 120 minutes of class contact, i.e. 2 hours. Each credit represents a total of 10 hours of learning (including 2 class hours).
- That is 10 notional hours per credit.
- We recommend a conversion of 1 ECTS : 2.5 SAQA.
More about Stellenbosch Business School’s exchange programme
- Partner institutions are requested to provide us with official nominations for their student(s) as soon as possible.
- Nominated students will receive a link to register online for the full-time MBA: https://applications.usb.ac.za/International.
- Once nominated students have completed the online registration, they must also complete the Subject Registration Form and send the completed form to [email protected].
- Should you have problems with the online application, please contact Stellenbosch Business School’s ICT Department at [email protected].
- Note the deadline for applications, the dates of the orientation block and the two terms and also the modules per term.
Exchange student requirements
Exchange students join Stellenbosch Business School’s full-time MBA programme.
- We require an average pass rate of 70%.
- Our compulsory job experience requirement is a minimum of 18 months of relevant work experience.
- The following documents have to be uploaded during the online application process:
- Letter of recommendation from home institution
- Comprehensive CV (at least 18 months’ work experience required)
- Academic record (70% average or more)
- Recent TOEFL test results (or a letter from your home institution confirming proof of English proficiency on Master’s level)
Due to new South African immigration regulations and policies, applications for study permits take longer than before. Application requirements have also changed. It is imperative that your nominated students contact the nearest South African Mission abroad as soon as possible to inquire about the requirements for study permits for South Africa. Your students would only be able to apply for their study permits once they have received the admission letter from our office. From our side we will expedite our application process, and we will provide admission letters as soon as possible. The onus rests on applicants to ensure that they are fully aware of the requirements and time lines of their nearest SA Mission abroad. Also note the following:
- The International Affairs Office will not be able to speak to any foreign representative about the status of an application once submitted.
- Study permit applications at SA Missions abroad take a minimum of 8 weeks to process.
- Full police clearance certificates are required for every country in which the applicant has resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years.
- Full and unabridged birth certificates are required for all applicants.
- All documents should be certified and translated into English before submission (in order not to delay the outcome of the application).
Although tuition fees are waived in lieu of the exchange agreement, the compulsory Exchange Administrative Fee (EAF) per exchange student changes annually. Payment of the EAF is required prior to registration. The EAF includes the following:
- Airport transfers
- Orientation programme
- Internet and e-mail access
- Student card
- 2 x term functions
- Company visits with transport
- Course outlines
- E-books / textbooks
Please note that accommodation, meals, transport, medical insurance, medical costs and flights are for the student’s own account.
If you are studying at a business school with which Stellenbosch Business School does not have an exchange agreement, you can still apply spend a semester at Stellenbosch Business School as a study-abroad student (fee-paying student). Study-abroad opportunities are available twice a year, from January to June, and from July to November.
Please contact Maynette de Wee at [email protected] for more information.
Interested international PhD candidates, as well as academic and research professionals who want to develop and obtain a multidisciplinary research experience at Stellenbosch Business School, are invited to contact the International Affairs Office for assistance. The Office will facilitate co-development of customized research projects and initiatives, enabling identification of relevant faculty members and explore potential opportunities for collaboration and research exchange.
For more information, please contact Zelda Cottle at [email protected]