Postgraduate Diploma Financial Planning
Become a responsible financial planner who can positively impact the future means of your clients
Why apply for our PGDip Financial Planning?
Stellenbosch Business School’s PGDip Financial Planning is an investment in your career path as it allows you to establish yourself as an expert in the financial services industry.
- Start your journey to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®: This PGDip culminates in the internationally recognised CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) professional designation – the global benchmark for professional financial advice. Once you have passed this PGDip, you become eligible to apply to the FPI to write its entrance exam to become a CFP®.
- Study at an FPI-accredited education provider: Doing this PGDip with us comes with advantages like high-level engagement with you and excellent online resources.
- Gain access to an MBA: This PGDip is presented at NQF Level 8, the same level as an Honours degree. This means it can give you access to an MBA.
- Study while you work: This one-year programme is offered in the convenient blended learning format, allowing you to study while you work. You can choose between on-campus sessions (with in-class experience) or blended learning (using an internet-linked laptop from anywhere in the world).
Discover more from the Programme Head
The PGDip Financial Planning is a specialised programme aimed at helping you obtain CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) professional accreditation. It is therefore aimed at professionals already employed in the financial services industry but who would like to further their career paths.
This one-year programme consists of one on-campus orientation day followed by two real-time online or on-campus sessions per week. The weekly sessions are presented on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 18:15 to 20:15. This is supported by additional pre-recorded content. The blended learning format allows you to join the class in real time in one of two ways: via an internet-linked laptop, or on campus. The online classes are delivered synchronously with the on-campus classes. This means you can study while you work. It also means that you attend classes from anywhere in South Africa.
* These are the fees for 2023. The fees for 2024 will be published on our website once they become available.
Academic qualifications for regular applicants
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (e.g. BCom, LLB or BBusSc) at NQF level 6 (old) or 7 (new), or equivalent
What if you don’t have the academic qualifications to apply?
You can still apply if you have an Advanced Certificate in Financial Planning (NQF 6) from an FPI-accredited education provider, plus 5 years of relevant work experience. Submit all the documentation and assessments as required for all prospective students, plus additional requirements in accordance with Recognition of Prior Learning.