Postgraduate Diploma Futures Studies stream: Managing New Technologies
Help to strengthen your organisation’s resilience in a rapidly changing environment
Our PGDip Futures MNT is designed around you
Join the blended learning cohort (online or on-campus) or modular cohort (on campus)
Choose 1 year, or 2 years of study
Choose 4 of the 7 foundation phase modules based on the specialisation you desire
Gain credits towards our MBA
Switch to a different PGDip after Year 1 if you have the required foundation phase modules
Complete a second PGDip by only doing the specialisation modules
Why apply for our PGDip Futures MNT?
- Remain relevant in a world of rapid technological changes: The skills acquired through this PGDip will serve all managers, not only IT managers. It will help you to become digital and data literate in order to manage new technologies in your environment.
- Apply a futures mindset to make better long-term decisions: The Futures Studies underpinning of the PGDip will help you understand the forces and trends that shape the future in terms of new technologies.
- Help strengthen your organisation’s resilience: You will learn how to use a framework to deal with current and future technological changes and to respond appropriately to the increasing digitisation of services, products, devices, and ways of working.
- Acquire fitting leadership skills: This PGDip includes a module on responsible leadership, which will help you lead your stakeholders on a journey of technological change.
- Study while you work: The PGDip’s flexible design enables you to choose the format (blended learning or modular) and duration (one year or two years), making it easier to learn while you earn.
- Gain a unique skill set: This internationally accredited PGDip is the only programme of its kind presented in Africa, and one of only a few in the world. Passed at a certain level, it can give you access to the MPhil Futures Studies.
Discover more from the Programme Head
Choose from two flexible learning formats
|BLENDED LEARNING CLASSES
Late-afternoon classes once a week for those doing their PGDip over 1 year, or once every fortnight for those doing their PGDip over 2 years. The blended learning classes are presented online and on campus. Classes are presented on Wednesday afternoons (16:00–20:15), and for some foundation modules on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons (16:00–20:15).
Advantages: Study while you work with the flexibility of digital class attendance, which means minimum time away from work, and less travel and accommodation costs.
Four full blocks of classes spread over the year if you are doing the 1-year PGDip (i.e. morning and afternoon classes from Monday to Friday), or four blocks of either morning or afternoon classes per year if you are doing the 2-year PGDip (i.e. morning or afternoon classes from Monday to Friday).
What you need to apply
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience in strategic management or strategic planning
- Recognition of prior learning
- Application fee
- Certified copies of your academic records
- Certified copies of your degree certificates
- Copy of your ID/Passport
- Comprehensive CV indicating your work experience.
- Verification consent form
- Motivational essays
- Highly recommended: Proficiency in English.
- South Africa: 30 November 2023
- RPL: 31 October 2023
- SADC: 15 November 2023
- Rest of the world: 15 November 2023