Postgraduate Diploma Project Management
Learn how to confidently manage projects in a competitive business environment
Our PGDip Project is designed around you
Join the blended learning cohort (online or on-campus) or modular cohort (on campus)
Choose 1 year, or 2 years of study
Choose 4 of the 7 foundation phase modules based on the specialisation you desire
Gain credits towards our MBA
Switch to a different PGDip after Year 1 if you have the required foundation phase modules
Complete a second PGDip by only doing the specialisation modules
Why apply for our PGDip Project?
- Acquire a scarce skill: Proficient project managers are in high demand. In a competitive environment, project managers must understand the context of strategy, business, projects, and operations. Our internationally accredited PGDip will equip you with skills that make business sense.
- Use this qualification to further your career: This PGDip incorporates advanced management skills and strategic project management skills, allowing you to fill senior-level positions in any organisation. It is the only qualification of its kind delivered by a business school in South Africa.
- Study while you work: The PGDip’s flexible design enables you to choose the format (blended learning or modular) and duration (one year or two years), making it easier to learn while you earn.
- Gain access to an MBA: A natural progression would be our MBA with the Project Portfolio Management focal area. This qualification will enable you to deal with project strategy on portfolio and sponsorship level.
Discover more from the Programme Head
Choose from two flexible learning formats
|BLENDED LEARNING CLASSES||MODULAR CLASSES|
Late-afternoon classes once a week for those doing their PGDip over 1 year, or once every fortnight for those doing their PGDip over 2 years. The blended learning classes are presented online and on campus. Classes are presented on Wednesday afternoons (16:00–20:15), and for some foundation modules on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons (16:00–20:15).
Advantages: Study while you work with the flexibility of digital class attendance, which means minimum time away from work, and less travel and accommodation costs.
Four full blocks of classes spread over the year if you are doing the 1-year PGDip (i.e. morning and afternoon classes from Monday to Friday), or four blocks of either morning or afternoon classes per year if you are doing the 2-year PGDip (i.e. morning or afternoon classes from Monday to Friday).
Advantages: Study while you work with in-class experience and focused studies. Working with your classmates in a face-to-face environment adds another dimension to collaborative (peer-to-peer) learning and network building.
Academic qualifications and other admission criteria
- Academic qualifications: A relevant Bachelor's or Honours degree
- Work experience: A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a project management position in an organisation
- Essay: See details of essay you need to write elsewhere on page.
- Comprehensive CV: Also indicate your work experience.
- Highly recommended: Mathematical skills equal to NQF Level 4
Write an essay
An essay of between 400 and 500 words on the topic outlined below is to be submitted in pdf format:
Stellenbosch Business School aspires to be a source of value for a better world. How are your career goals aligned with being a source of value for a better world, and how would this postgraduate programme assist you in achieving your short-term (2 to 3 years) and long-term (10 years) career goals?
What if you don’t have the academic qualifications to apply?
You can still apply based on your management experience. You need to submit all the documentation and assessments as required for all prospective students, plus additional requirements as explained under Recognition of Prior Learning elsewhere on this page.